So tomorrow is New Years Eve and to be original (*cough cough*) I thought I would share a short reflection of my 2014 with you with 14 highlights
1. I started this blog! Though I set the bar a little too high at the start I love my little space on the internet. I love writing it and I hope to continue to use my little space on the internet in 2015.
2. I moved out of home… Scary and weird and cool and a million other things, but over all such an adventure. Living in Dunedin this year has definitely been an awesome adventure and I have learnt a lot about myself. I think the biggest thing I have learnt though was that I love my family so much. Even living in a different city they were never to busy to help or just have a chat. I can’t thank them enough for their support and love this year. So if you are reading, THANK YOU!!!! Mum, Dad and Pete.
3. I went Scuba Diving!!! That was an amazing experience! I cannot begin to describe how awesome it was. I wrote a whole post on it so check it out. But WOW! If you ever get the chance (even if you are terrified of water and swimming etc) do it! Face the fear and do it anyway, it will be worth it.
4. On the note of facing fears I also held a snake this year
I look happy… I was freaking out but wanted a nice photo.
5. Started and finished my first year of University. Uni is what made this year so good and I can’t wait for 2015 and year 2 to begin 🙂
6. Completed the #100HappyDays Challenge. It is on my Instagram which is linked at the bottom of my blog if you would like to check it out. Such a great challenge to make yourself take time to see the happiness that surrounds you everyday.
7. Sticking with the Challenge theme, I did the Ice Bucket Challenge. The Kiwi Original Way where there are 3 buckets. You stand in one and the other two are tipped over your head then you tip the third on yourself. It was for a great cause and we had loads of fun doing it. (Not as bad a you think it is going to be)
8. I was replaced… not really. My family got a new puppy called Lola. Read all about her here.
She is super cute and loads of mischief and fun. Such a good addition to the family.
9. I turned 19! So old! Don’t even want to think about what is going to happen in 2015.
10. Speaking of growing up. I signed for a flat. So weird to grow up and my scribble on a piece of paper means something. It is moments like that where I wish I was still a kid and my biggest problem was what to eat for breakfast. But I am so excited for flatting in 2015. I am sure you will hear about our adventures and mishaps.
11. I Bungy Jumped…
MOST AWESOME FEELING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I loved it?)
12. Taking on CathSoc leadership with a team of 3 others. So excited for the opportunities that will bring. Stay tuned for more on that.
13. ROAD TRIP! Probably the best highlight. It was such an awesome week shared with the best friends. See some pics here…
Must do it again sometime.
14. FRIENDS!!! I have made so many new friends and old friends that have become better friends this year or friends that I go months without seeing and then it is like nothing has ever changed. Friends have made this year great and I can’t wait for more adventures with you all next year.
So that is just a snippet of my 2014. I hope you enjoyed it and I will see you in 2015.